disable copy

Wednesday 11 July 2018

IELTS | CUE CARD | GOOD PHOTOGRAPH |SPEAKING

IELTS | CUE CARD | GOOD PHOTOGRAPH | SPEAKING | BAND 8.0
Describe a good photograph someone took for you

You should say :
● when and where the photo was taken
● who took the photo
● what the photo depicts

Sample Answer (Band 8.0 )

Photos are indispensable. They document the moment in time and freeze it for generations to come. Photos can remind us of people, events,or beauty of a place. I have always loved photos for the emotions they can invoke. I am a photo freak and loves to be photographed.


I have huge collection of my personal photos as to my mind, photographs are our personal story which we can share with others. It is a timeline of our lives filled with faces and places that we love. The hundred of images come together to form a narrative of our lives.

I would like to tell you about a photograph that was taken of me which I , My family and my dearest friends have always holded in high regards. It was taken about 2 months ago when I was travelling in car with my darling brother to attend a religious ceremony. As the function was kirtan which refers to a genre of religious performance arts, connoting a religious form of narration or shared recitation particularly of spiritual or religious ideas. So, I was dressed up in an ethically Indian attire. I chose pink with bottle green dupatta silk suit.

The moment I got ready , I wanted to capture it but as my brother was waiting so I hurriedly rushed to sit In car and the camera remained on . The function went well. I got many compliments n clicked plethora of pics. After reaching home, when I scrutinized my phone gallery , I was astonished, spell bound to see this particular pic. It seemed like I unintentionally took a selfie and it turned out to be a beautiful pic. Henceforth, comprehended the paramount significance of candid shots.
The serene calmness is actually not possible to describe in words. Whenever i look at it, it brings me a feeling of tranquility and placidity. For me, it encapsulates rewards of deep breathing. Firstly, It promotes better blood flow. Secondly, relieves stress.Thirdly, It calms anxiety.


I shout out, Take a deep breath and embrace the fresh air. It gives immense pleasure and add unique charm to your face.

Part 3: Details Discussion:

Q: What do you think about ‘Photography’ as a career? 
Answer: This question is equally interesting and difficult for me. My personal belief is that ‘Photography’ is a great occupation, not only because it is indispensable for many different fields but also because through it people can discover the world. To be more precise, by taking a photograph, the moment is frozen and the depiction is saved no matter what. Photographs decorate books, magazines, paintings and many other things. So, it’s an essential vocation that is associated with other jobs, similar to it or not. In addition to this, photographers travel a lot across the world and see new places, landscapes, buildings and so on. It is something that apart from a profession is also a hobby and provides entertainment and spiritual education to photographers. As I see in my country the career of a good photographer is quite bright and full of possibility. With online journalism, this has become an even more demanding profession.

: What makes a good photograph?
Answer: Although I love taking pictures for a long time, I haven’t been concerned with the details and technical aspects of photography thoroughly. But I would say that the most important part of a good photograph is the theme of the picture. For example, a beautiful landscape could make a photo really impressive by just having beautiful colours or scenery. Furthermore, the angle that the photograph is taken from is significant as well, because with technique a simple theme can become an attractive one. Furthermore, lighting, focus on proper objects and use of right camera can make an ordinary scene to become a beautiful photograph.

Q: What are the improvements latest technologies has brought in photography?

Answer: Technology has contributed to tremendous improvements in photography and its storage and distribution. First of all, smartphones and iPhone have built-in high-resolution cameras and that has made taking pictures easier and more convenient. People these days are no longer obligated to carry a professional camera with them to take pictures. Pictures taken from a mobile phone can be transferred and viewed on a personal computer and can be stored online. The photo editing software can not only change some basic characteristics of the photo taken but also the whole picture and can make it more appealing. With the help of the technology and software, an ordinary picture can be converted into a professional one without significant efforts. Technology has offered us advanced cameras with more power and features and those cameras can take pictures in extreme environment like in the water. I would say that camera, photography and presentation of photos with the help of technology has got a higher dimension.

Q: How often do you take photographs?
Answer: The truth is I used to take pictures very rarely in the past, but after I created my Instagram account, I’ve become accustomed to taking pictures very frequently. I really like capturing every important moment and other significant events with my friends and family and sharing them with my online friends has become a common activity for me. That doesn’t mean, of course, that I take pictures all the time but I try not to miss capturing worthy moments and sceneries. My Instagram account, which is photograph storage and photo sharing website, has led and inspired me to use my camera more frequently than ever before.

1 comment:

IELTS WRITING MATERIAL

Many young people regularly change their job over the years. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? IELTS | IELTS WRITING TASK-2

  Many young people regularly change their job over the years. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? ...