disable copy

Wednesday 11 July 2018

IELTS | CUE CARD | PIECE OF CLOTHING YOU WORE ON SPECIAL OCCASION | SPEAKING MODULE | BAND 8.0

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2SnntlB81Ylj8mmaLJphiN9LHvt0LTWFIELTS | CUE CARD | PIECE OF CLOTHING YOU WORE ON SPECIAL OCCASION | SPEAKING | BAND 8.0
Describe a piece of cloth you wore on special occasion

You should say :
■ what was the cloth
■ who gave it to you
■ when you wore it
■ Explain how you felt abou
t it

Sample Answer ( Band 8.0 )
Fashion and clothing that makes a man unique from his fellow beings, Is of paramount importance in the contemporary era. Therefore the trend of creating the culture of new fabrics and other accessories has been ascending for a quite while now.




Your Attire speaks volumes before you open your mouth . First impressions are formed in an instant and appearance can heavily influence someone’s initial opinion. People around the world wear myriad sorts of dresses and due to geographical location and seasonal changes, the attire varies. I am a fashionista and love to remain in limelight on every special event. Last year, For the wedding ceremony of my cousin sister I was dressed to nines.

The women behind my wardrobe is my darling sister who lives in Mumbai , who had couriered a lehenga ; the traditional dress for this special occasion. The fibre of the cloth is geogette. Dark turquoise blue and red geogette lehnga embroidered with silk choli with gold embellished kundan work having scalloped edging , lavishly decorated with little sparkling mirrors gave it a unique touch.


Traditional Indian wedding is full of ritual and customs that bring joy and excitement to all people involved in marriage . The ribbon cutting ceremony is one such ritual . When the groom arrives at the venue he receives heartiest welcome from the bridesmaids and sisters . I was given the task to put tilak on his forehead. So i was dressed to kill.

To make the dress more elegant . I bought diamond jewellery and bangles also. The complete dress gave me sophisticated and glamourous look. Many people gave me compliments. It elevated my confidence and the charm of occasion as well.
I liked the dress because of its fascinating dress material, colour combination and above all it complemented my personality . Believe Me, I felt myself over the moon . So it was due to this dress I got recognition , identification and appreciation . It was a Gala Day .

Follow up Questions

1. Do others like your clothes?
Well, as per my friends I always dressed to kill, and most of them seek my advice for best color combinations whenever they have to attend a special occasion. Therefore, we can say that not all but most of them love what I wear. Moreover, I’ve heard them saying that swag is really amazing.

2. How often do people buy clothes?
Actually, not very often. It is because my hubby do shopping for me so that hash out the need of it.

3. Are women more into shopping than men? Why?
It is true that women shop more in comparison to men. In some cases, it’s their hobby, otherwise there is nothing else to kill the boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IELTS WRITING MATERIAL

Many young people regularly change their job over the years. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? IELTS | IELTS WRITING TASK-2

  Many young people regularly change their job over the years. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? ...