disable copy

Tuesday 4 January 2022

Describe a toy you had in your childhood IELTS SPEAKING BAND 9.0

 Describe a toy you had in your childhood

● what the toy was

●who gave it to you

● How did you play with it

●why did you like the toy

Sample Answer (BAND 9.0)

Toys are the real possessions of a child. They are their valuable assets. Toys help in all round development of a child. Childhood time without toys is like an empty vessel. Playing with toys helps a child to develop creative mind. In my childhood, as I was the dearest child in my family so, everyone used to bring toys for me. But the toy for which I was passionate about was a Barbie doll with a vanity box.

The toy was gifted to me by my maternal aunt on my 9th birthday. The doll she presented was a big one of 15 inch height. The barbie was of pink skin, curly golden hair, and attractive blue eyes. She wore a red gown with matching glamarous red jewellery and shoes. The barbie had an operating switch. She danced and sang soothing melodies and songs. The vanity box contained all the cosmetic items like a mirror, comb, compact, lipstick, eyelashes, hair bands, beauty brushes and decorative clips. Two spare dresses for change were also there with the makeup kit.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2SnntlB81Ylj8mmaLJphiN9LHvt0LTWF

Though the barbie was a toy but it seemed to be my companion. I carried it with me all the time. I played with it alone as well as with my friends. We all use to dress her and apply make up as our mother did on herself. The toy allured me due to its beauty. Apart from this, I learnt about taking care of my toys, managing and handling them efficiently. It helped to learn management skills. The toy is still with me, I have kept it in my drawing room as a decorative piece. Whenever i see the toy, my childhood memories get refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IELTS WRITING MATERIAL

Many young people regularly change their job over the years. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? IELTS | IELTS WRITING TASK-2

  Many young people regularly change their job over the years. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? ...