disable copy

Wednesday 25 August 2021

Although you are meant to present your thesis project in one month, your sister is getting married in Spain at the same time. You would like to change dates for your presentation. Ielts General | General writing task-1 | semi formal letter

 Although you are meant to present your thesis project in one month, your sister is getting married in Spain at the same time. You would like to change dates for your presentation.


Write a semi-formal letter to your professor. In your letter:

Explain the situation
•Remind the professor of your academic achievements to date
•Ask for a different date to present your thesis

Write at least 150 words. You do NOT need to write any addresses.
Dear professor Nisha,

 Hope you're doing well and I am writing to ask for a change in  the deadline extension on the thesis project which  I had to  submit in end of this month. 

Apparently, I recently received a call from my parents regarding my sister's wedding which is going to be held on the same date when I had to submit my thesis. Being the only brother, not only this ceremony plays a paramount role in my life, but also I have to reach Spain a week prior to assist my father in the arrangements of marriage. 
Fundamentally, if it had been some other reason , I must have postponed it. Nonetheless, unlike the other students in my class, I have always been a topper in academics since I joined university. Additionally, for last two consecutive years, I have been appreciated for the best assignments. 

Nevertheless, I would like to sincerely apologise for the inability to complete my thesis on time. I would be thankful if you could change the submission date from 30th August to 7th September. 

Hoping for a kind consideration.

Yours sincerely,
Anna Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment

IELTS WRITING MATERIAL

Many young people regularly change their job over the years. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? IELTS | IELTS WRITING TASK-2

  Many young people regularly change their job over the years. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? ...