disable copy

Wednesday 25 March 2020

Task-1 | General IELTS | letter

Write a letter to local counselling regarding the plan of replacement of library with a supermarket.you need to write the following :

Where did you get this information?
The disadvantages of having a supermarket over library .
Importance of the library.

Dear sir/ma’am,

My name is Robin and i I have been contributing effectively towards community welfare ever since I shifted here 15 years back.I am writing this on the behalf of my local community. I propose the idea of not substituting the library with a supermarket.

I read about the selected layout plan from online portal of your organisation while researching about my thesis today morning. 

At the onset, the proposal of supermarket will bring huge congestion. For example: lesser people prefers going to library than supermarkets thus it will only contribute towards exponential rise in traffic . Secondly, local people earn their livings on small scale businesses in our area therefore the idea of supermarket will kick them off their perch.

On the contrary, education has the power to change the world therefor having a library will benefit considerably not only to students but also to every person who has keen interest in gaining knowledge. Moreover, The library was being constructed around 50 years back as a symbol of wisdom hence it will not be a great idea to replace it with a rather lucrative alternative.

This , I hereby request you to reconsider your decision in favour of library . I am expecting a prompt yet rather positive response .

Yours faithful,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

IELTS WRITING MATERIAL

Many young people regularly change their job over the years. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? IELTS | IELTS WRITING TASK-2

  Many young people regularly change their job over the years. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? ...